Friday, February 3, 2012


Today's been a handful already! Last night I got to sleep around 4ish thinking about all of the fairy kei opportunities I'll have as soon as I get some money. I even dreamed about making cute 80s hair scrunchies!

Unfortunately, around 3AM the new kittens stepped on the switch on my power strip and turned everything in my room off. This incidentally broke my computer as well. I couldn't do anything to fix it, I spent 6+ hours trying everything I could! So instead, I backed up my old hard drive and did a clean install of Windows.

While I was waiting for the hard drive to copy and putting Windows 7 on my USB drive, I played around on my laptop and found some super old conversations from when I was in 8th/9th grade. Memories!

I also found pictures of me from the spring/summer. It turns out... I wasn't as fat as I thought I was back then. Over the following fall/winter, I gained back everything I lost from January-May. This always happens to me... I think I'm fat and then I /really/ get fat and look back on the pictures and mourn.

Well, actually, they inspired me! Now I feel like working out again, I mean really giving it an effort. I lost at least 25 lbs between January-May of last year. If I can do the same this year between February-April, I'll be in good shape! It's gonna be hard without a gym membership, but I'll give it a shot.

Here are pictures from last Spring:




My poses look awkward in both photos because I was trying to visually decrease the size of my upper arms... ahem.

But I really hope I can get around that weight range again.

I'd only have to lose like... 25-30 lbs. It sounds like a lot, but I've done it before twice!

And in other news, I've been working on making lists of things I want to buy. It's growing by the second!

I made several lists and categorized them in order of importance, although each cluster of items is in no order.

Things I need to pay no matter what:

  • pay back grandma ($180)
  • car battery
  • pay back Oscar for ticket
  • money toward hotel
  • money to get cats fixed ($180)


Craft supplies I will need to continue my business:

  • perler beads
  • headpins
  • eyepins
  • chain
  • clasps
  • 6mm jump rings
  • 8mm jump rings
  • white star charms
  • white heart charms
  • cell phone straps
  • alligator clips
  • earrings
  • white and pink ribbon
  • business cards


Craft supplies I want to buy in order to make new stuff for my business:

  • mini hama beads
  • lilac nabbi beads
  • mokomoko yarn
  • model magic
  • polymer clay
  • acrylic sealant
  • acrylic paint


Things I just want but probably won't be able to afford ever [>>;]:

  • palty bleach - natural brown
  • palty dye - maple doughnut
  • mint green wig
  • sushi!
  • pastel shoes/boots/sneakers (lavender or mint green doc marten combat boots is my dreaaam)
  • new make-up
  • thrift store finds!!!
  • psp lcd & frontplate


That ought to keep me busy for a while. All the more reason to try making as much money as possible.

I also put three items up on eBay. One pair of designer shoes my mom's friend found in a mall dumpster, they're worth like over $100. I also put up a matching clutch for the same price. And I'm selling a brand new 'Black Label Society' sweatshirt for like $30ish that I bought as a Christmas present for my best friend's sister's boyfriend like three years ago, haha. I AM PRAYING THEY SELL. I desperately need every penny!

1 comment:

  1. Ohohohho. <3

    So, you finally see what we were seeing last spring, hmmm?

    The beautiful girl that you are.

    That warms my heart...!

    I wish I could be your workout buddy, I'm working out alone in a one piece bathing suit right now, channeling my inner Bess Motta.

    Hahaha~!

    I'm going Fairy-kei shopping Sunday at Goodwill! I will look for things to send you in the mail!

    I know you can do anything you put your mind to, Marina!

    ReplyDelete